Major Entry Points
- Nursery/Pre-School (2-4 years of age)
- Reception (4-5 years of age)
New Nursery/Pre-School placements are often offered at any time of the school year, and prospective parents are advised to contact our Nursery Manager, Susan Jarrett, or our School Secretary, Mrs Deidre Hutchinson, in the first instance to discuss availability and NEG payments.
Parents of children applying for placement in Reception should register by the December before their year of entry, however, if places are available, late registration may be possible and so parents are always encouraged to call and enquire as to availability. Children enter Reception in the September following their 4th Birthday.
Older children, in Y1-Y6 may be assessed and admitted at any time of the school year, providing there is availability.
Buxlow accepts early registration from a young age. Once the Registration Form is received, your child will be placed on the waiting list until one year before entry, at which point the School will be in touch to set up an Assessment Morning and Interview.
STEP 1: ENQUIRY
Following your expression of interest, whether in person, by phone or email, we will:
- Record some basic details relating to your enquiry.
- Answer any of your initial questions relating to the admission process.
- Make you aware of Nursery web-based resources, such as our prospectus, to help you with the decision-making process.
- Give you an assessment of place availability and current waiting list status.
- Offer and arrange a private tour for you, if desired, to give you more information to assist you with your decision making.
- Organise a return call from Nursery Manager, if desired, to assist you with your decision making.
- Give, email or mail you a registration pack with Registration Form and educational programme, fee and term date details.
STEP 2: REGISTRATION
Once you have made your decision to take your application further you should:
- Complete, sign and return the Registration Form.
- Pay the Registration Fee of £50.
STEP 3: REGISTRATION MORNING
We will respond to your registration application by:
- Confirming all relevant data with you including date of application, birth date, sibling status, and preferred entry point.
- Scheduling a morning visit from 9-10 during which time the interaction of Nursery/ Reception children will be observed.
STEP 4: OFFER
We will review your application and make an offer
The letter of offer will be valid for a period of two weeks from the date on which it was written
STEP 5: CONFIRMATION OF PLACEMENT
Once you have made your decision to accept the offer, confirmation of placement is established when you:
- Complete, sign and return the Acceptance of Placement.
- Complete, sign and return Terms and Conditions.
- Payment of the Deposit Fee of £200 – part time space or £400 – full time space (refundable when your child leaves the school/nursery)